This shouldn’t take too long, but read carefully, and you’ll be just fine.
Step 1 Add A New Page
If you imported demo content, and plan on using one of the versions of the homepage you imported, you can skip these first two steps where we create the page itself since you’ll be choosing an existing page most likely to assign as your homepage.
- Head to Pages > Add New
- Enter a title for the page like something super creative like Homepage vME, or whatever you’d like
- On the right side of the screen you should see a Page Attributes box, if you don’t, click the Screen Options link in the upper right hand corner of the admin and check Page Attributes.
- Select either the Page Builder, or Page Builder Sidebar option, and you should see the Cortex Page Builder fields pop up, depending on which template you’ve chosen.
In theory, you could use any of the available templates as your homepage, but for this demonstration, we’ll be using one built with the Page Builder Sidebar, which is different from the regular Page Builder in that it has a Cortex Header Builder section, for adding sliders, image galleries, text, video embeds, or background videos to be featured just below the navigation, as well as the Cortex Page Builder Full Sidebar section, which is flanked to the right or left (Depending on your Theme Options) with a sidebar of your choosing.
Page Templates under page attributes
The default template with the page title going full width in the middle of the screen and with a sidebar depending on your choices.
Template that handles the default display of Posts Page as set in the Appearance > Reading or Appearance > Customize > Static Front Page
Template that handles the display of upcoming events, that has its own custom fields associated with it. You can read more about the Events Page on the Events section of the Documentation
Page Builder + Page Builder Sidebar
Template that allows for building just about every type of page. Custom headers, slideshows, blogs, posts, full screen videos, video backgrounds, you name it. We use this template for most of our demo websites as it allows for multiple layouts of content. The Page Builder Sidebar template is the same as the Page Builder template, except broken into a Cortex Header Builder and a Cortex Page Builder With Sidebar. (Has a sidebar of your choosing, can also be blank.) Both Page Builder Templates have various layout possibilities. If your page requires a sidebar, then we recommend that template, but it is limited to only select layouts whereas the Page Builder has all layouts. (And you can even add sidebars to most of those)
For displaying your portfolio galleries in an index.
For displaying Woo Commerce shop page templates.
set the front page
- If you haven’t already, head over to the Settings > Reading page and under the
- Once there in the Front Page: select box, select the page you just created, or another page you imported from demo content
You may also do this from the Appearance > Customize > Static Front Page screen from the WordPress Customizer.